11.21.2010

Sweets for your little sweet

Babies, babies and more babies! I do believe there are time in your life when there is that "something in the water" going around. Here is a cute and inexpensive idea if you are throwing or attending a baby shower.
With some cookies cutters, fondant, food coloring, toothpicks (optional) and some rubber stamps ..... the possibilities are endless. I created some cute cupcake toppers.


 I used powdered sugar to dust the working surface and my rolling pin. I used old letter rubber stamps I had to spell out BABY. When using a stamp, dust it slightly with powdered sugar to prevent it from sticking to fondant when pressing.


I like to use a cheap eyeshadow brush I always use to clean out the letters if there is any sugar remaining on the fondant.


I brushed a little sugar water on the back of the top layer so they stick together. You can either have the toppers standing upright (with a toothpick) or simply place them laying down on top of the frosted cupcake.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment